Smoke grenades, pepper spray and mounted police officers were used to combat the protesters who rioted outside a Trump rally in Albuquerque, NM, last night.
Today, a US congressional committee votes to finalize a Financial Control Board, which will rule over the economy and government of Puerto Rico. These two events show the true condition of Latinos in the US.
MEXICANS AND PUERTO RICANS UNDER ASSAULT
Donald Trump threatens Mexicans and yells “build a wall!”
At the same time, a pack of US congressmen is building a wall around Puerto Rico, in the House Committee on Natural Resources. This committee is voting today on HR 5278, also known as the PROMESA bill, which places Puerto Rico under the complete control of a seven-member “Financial Control Board.”
Here is the entirety of the HR 5278 bill, all 148 pages if it:
HR 5278 does all of the following:
- authorizes the Board to receive “gifts” of money, jewelry, and real estate
- reduces the minimum wage to $4.25, for anyone aged 19-24 who starts a new job
- places all public pensions (including teachers) at risk of being eliminated
- places all bankruptcy decisions in the hands of the Control Board
- makes the Board a collection agency for the hedge funds / vulture funds
- every law, and every public budget, must be approved by the Board
HR 5278 does none of the following:
- create any jobs
- eliminate or reform the Jones Act
- reduce any taxes, electrical rates, or water rates
- provide an economic development plan for the island
- enable Puerto Rico to negotiate its own international trade agreements
- require billionaires and foreign corporations, who pay no taxes for 20 years under Act 20 and Act 22, to re-invest any of their profits in Puerto Rico
- provide Act 20 and Act 22 tax benefits to small business persons from Puerto Rico
- create any incentives or opportunities for Puerto Rican farmers
- support any wind, water, or solar energy projects
After five months of congressional wrangling, this PROMESA bill still faces stiff opposition in Washington, Puerto Rico, New York, and Orlando FL:
LATINOS UNDER ATTACK
Anne Coulter writes an anti-Latino book titled Adios, America and it becomes an immediate NY Times best-seller.
Donald Trump bashes Mexicans and immigrants, and wins the GOP nomination.
A Puerto Rican is murdered in Milwaukee for speaking Spanish to his son.
Another Puerto Rican wins the Powerball, and the internet explodes with racism.
And now, the US congress imposes a Financial Control Board on the island of Puerto Rico.
Puerto Rico is being turned into an island of beggars and billionaires…owned by absentee landlords, drained by vulture funds, fought over by lawyers, and clerked by politicians.
The US Congress calls this “PROMESA” for Puerto Rico.
But all over the US – from Albuquerque to San Juan – this “promesa” is clearly a lie.
For a history of the War Against All Puerto Ricans, read the book…
Buy it Now
Si prefiere ver la página web en español por favor visite: http://www.guerracontratodoslospuertorriquenos.com